We have now lived in our hose for two years and it has been a great two years. Right after we moved in we stumbled across a furniture closing sale and were able to purchase a tempurapedic bed for a great deal. We originally had a queen and our new bed was a king. Going from a queen to a king is a big deal much like upgrading from business to first class on a plane trip. There is so much more room to stretch out and if you don't even want to know there is someone else in the bed you don't have too. Basically if you want to talk to the person next to you a cell phone might be necessary. Okay well maybe not but it sure felt that way when we got it. Unfortanutely we also had to buy sheets for our new bed and a comforter and shams and pillows ect. ect. We also needed a new bed frame but that was not in the finiancal plan right away so we settled with putting it on the floor until we could get the bed frame I felt would do justice for our new bed. Well life has been great on our new bed and it has more or less become my favorite place to be in my spare time. On a limited budget we initially only purchased one set of king sheets and might I add sheets are ridiculously expensive. So when it was time to wash sheets we had to get them washed and dryed in one day to get them back on the bed. Not really a big deal but sometimes it was a hassle. Luckily, Kohl's had a great sale last spring. Buy one set get the second set free. I jumped at the chance to buy some new sheets and have the luxury of having three sets. Immediately I changed to the new set of course. You got to break them in right. So our sheet set count is up to 3 sets. 1 set from the intital bed purchase and 2 sets from the Kohl's sale....you still with me? So anyway, last summer we finally got our bed frame. It is gorgeous and I love it. Now we don't look like homeless people sleeping on the floor. Anyways, with all of that said, last week it was time to change the sheets and wash the dirty ones. Somehow or another the 2nd set of sheets had gotten dirty and so we had to put the initial set we bought two years ago on the bed. As soon as I climbed into bed it felt so wierd and uncomfortable. I never thought they felt that way before when that was all that we had. They didn't sleep good and they made me insanely hot at night. I had to put a rush on getting our other sheets clean and back on the bed. I never knew I was a sheet snob. Guess that once you have gone to the other side of sheets that is you never go back. Don't worry I will keep the old set in case their is some crazy emergency we might run into like we did last week but we will only use them as a last resort. Needless to say it only took us two years to get our bed just the way I like it, feeling and looking. Now the next thing to work on is getting some side tables. Good thing those don't have to be comfortable.
How to Install a Corkboard Wall
6 years ago
5 comments:
I'm still waiting for our "first class" bed. We're the opposite of y'all - we have the furniture, but our sheets are about as cheap as they get. I guess I need to pay attention to the Kohl's adds more often.
I hear ya on the king bed having way more room! Matt and I want one so bad! Our queen was fine when we first got married but then you spend the night in a hotel king bed and its heaven! Especially when you are prego! Guess my first class bed will have to wait...baby stuff comes first.
That's so funny that you blogged about your bed because it's been the topic of conversation lately. Justin wants a mattress like yours really badly, and I've heard about it nonstop! Hopefully we'll come across a great deal like you guys did.
hey jennifer! i actually have been keeping up with yalls blog too....i link to it from haley's. your kids are too cute. sure, you can add us to your blog and i will do the same! good to hear from you!
Too funny! King Sized sheets are really expensive but I totally agree with you...I had Wal-mart sheets in college but once I tried that first set of "real" sheets, there was no going back...now I just look for really good sales.
Post a Comment