Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lost and Found

Look what I stumbled onto...oh yeah! I do have a blog. I have totally neglected this blog for so long. Between school, renovating a house, raising two girls, being a wife, ect. I actually have a moment to sit down and write. I am thrilled that summer is here and we actually don't have any major plans. In January we decided that this was going to be "No Trip '12" to sum it up we were exhausted from traveling and felt like we needed a year to just enjoy all the hard work that was going to be going into our house. Other than a few short road trips around Texas for a couple of weddings we have stuck to our resolution. I know it may seem weird to most people but it has been so wonderful to just stay home most of the time and be together. This year has been filled with one thing after another. Between family deaths, major sicknesses, beautiful baby births for friends, and so much more I have come to a deep understanding of the importance of a strong family foundation created for our children. A stable, firm, safe, and close knit home has been pivotal and vital to our flourishing family. So much so that even as Trey and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, we chose to stay home and enjoy the peacefulness of life while my parents watched the girls for a few days. It was very refreshing to get to know each other again and enjoy some of the wonderfulness of our home in a different setting. Nonetheless, we do have a few fun items on the agenda for summer. Some of these include tennis camp, Pine Cove, VBS, Dance Camp, and a whole lot of swimming. I hope to be more diligent about recording favorite memories of the summer. I also would like to share our before and after pictures of our house renovations too. We have pretty much finished everything except counter tops and flowerbeds. I don't know if we will replace the counter tops or not. They are old and not very pretty but I just don't know if its worth the hassle at this time. Maybe I'll change my mind later...I may just be tired of living in a constant construction zone. We have taken a 40 year old house and really turned it into a home. I am so proud of all the hard work and I truly love living on the lake. We have already made so many memories here and although I know this life may not be for everyone, we love it and are so happy to be here.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Welcome back!

Team Hoff said...

That all sounds awesome. I bet your house is a gorgeous place to "retreat". Enjoy your summer with your family.

Unknown said...

nice one