Why are people so mean sometimes? This question has been on my mind lately because I have had several encounters with strangers lately and they have been extrememly mean to me for no reason at all. I know it is hard to believe but I didn't do anything and these people were just blatanly rude. It has made me realize one thing for sure...when I am rude to someone it can stick with them and really hurt them, and probably more than I realize. Even strangers have feelings too. Please don't misunderstand I know this and this is not like a first time revolution but my encounters last week have just made me ponder this more than before. Sometimes I catch myself making a wierd face at a homeless person, or steering clear of someone that seems dirty and gross but the truth is that God made that person too and he loves them just like he loves me. He doesn't love me more because I showered today or put on clean clothes. His love is equal for everyone. Admittingly some people don't choose God but it doesn't change the fact that he still loves them. I am not saying that we should all go out and hug strangers and make best friends with the destitute but there is a way to act and treat people of all types to mirror God's love. Our actions stick with others longer than we may realize. What mirror image are you leaving with others?
"I like your Christ but I don't like your christians." -Mahatma Gandhi
Heard this the other day and it really hit home. I am trying to change my mirror image to be more like Christ which is a lot harder said than done. Nonetheless, I want Jesus to be proud of who I am and what I do. I want my children to see Christ in me through my actions and my heart. I am working to try to be a better reflection of Christ.
How to Install a Corkboard Wall
6 years ago
5 comments:
Great post. It totally made me think about the way I behave sometimes around strangers and even people I know for that matter.
I agree...great post! Hope ya'll are having a good week.
I think everyone should read this. I know I needed it! I'm going to try to be better this week.
Didn't you say you wanted to move to Austin? Cause I'm pretty sure that I would like to spend more time with you...you're awesome!
1. If you did move to Austin, you'd practice this regularly! :) "Keep Austin Weird"
2. This is sooo true. We are involved in a Bible study here. One lesson was "where does evil come from". His point was, along with lots of other interesting points, was that although man is fallen we are still created and bear the image of God. isn't that amazing? a fallen person, tainted with sin still bearing the image of a perfect, holy God.
good post, jenn. makes you think about things. my attitude has changed living overseas, but it still happens when i see something "out of the ordinary".
p.s. if you moved to indonesia, i would definately hang out with you! :) miss you guys!
Post a Comment