Friday, March 6, 2009

Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth

Even as an adult I have always found swinging to be therapeutic....much like a rocking chair. For some reason when you go back and forth in the wind all those worries and carries get blown away for awhile. It also reminds me of the book "I'll Always Love you" where the mom rocks her son back and forth back and forth back and forth. Maybe that is why I truly like it because it takes my subconscious back to by baby years when my Mom rocked me. Anyways, enough babble, with the weather getting nicer we have been able to all go outside and do some quality swinging together. Now our swing set has had a workout all winter too because Maddie could care less if it is 10 degrees or 100 degrees, she is my outside girl. When it is freezing she just bundles up and takes it. She loves it and it loves her, the outside I mean. So now that I feel more comfortable taking Mollie outside in the warmer weather we are getting to do more together...it is great. Mollie loves to swing especially next to her sister and Maddie likes to remind Mollie that she is going higher than her. It is so fun to watch them interact and I know it is only going to get better.







3 comments:

Leslie said...

Erica and I started this in Jefferson, but I'll admit that I still do it by myself. Sometimes if I'm having a really rough day I'll go swing on the playground during my conference. Something about it just makes me feel better. I think that it's a huge stress reliever for me.

Devon said...

Oh my goodness, I remember the good ole' days of playing on the swings on my swingset. Awe, memories.

Josh and Amber Harrington said...

ok so i haven't seen many swings here, but i totally agree with this post! my new favorite (almost comparable) is when we get on the "big" road (called the fly-over) on our motorbike and go super fast! we probably aren't going THAT fast, but it feels like it because we're always going so slow! rejuvinating!